L’Ecole Nationale de l’Aviation Civile (ENAC) or French Civil Aviation University is a public university under the supervision of the French Ministry of transport. Its mission is to provide ab-initio and further training for the executives and main players of the civil aviation world and to develop excellence in research and innovation at the service of air transport.
ENAC offers a wide range of training programs that are tailored to meet the requirements of the public and private sectors both in France and in the world and that cover all the jobs of air transport, This excellence in training and research makes ENAC the world leading university in air transport.
ENAC Research Lab
To, in the current critical context of evolution toward a more sustainable, safe, resilient, and socially accepted air transport systems the ENAC conducts research and development according to the following 4 main research and innovations challenges:
• Ensuring Climate Neutral and Citizen Centered Mobility
• Participating to the Air Transport Digital Revolution
• Building an Efficient, Resilient, Safe and Secure Air Transport System
• Mastering Complex Human-Systems interactions
Working conditions for the recruited researchers
The École Nationale de l’Aviation Civile (ENAC) offers a 36-months full-time work contract (with the option to extend up to a maximum of 42 months). There is a 2-month probation period and the total working hours per week is 35h.
· Access to all the necessary facilities and laboratories as well as the Lab Seminars.
· Tuition fee waiver.
· Possibility to choose between 2 work cycles.
· Paid holiday leave including extra day off related to statutory reduction in working hours (number depending on the work cycle).
· Sick leave.
· Parental leave.
· Subsidy for the school cafeteria.
· Access to on-site social, cultural and sports activities.
Conditions for PhD enrolment
Applicant should meet the following specific requirements:
· Hold a Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering with excellent grades in related courses (e.g. wireless communications, networks, AI/ML, distributed systems).
· Demonstrate an excellent proficiency (written and verbal) in English:
– Excellent English level (CECR : C1 or IELTS : 7.0 or Cambridge English Scale : 185); or
– Fluent in French and good English level (CECR : B2 or IELTS : 6.5 or Cambridge English Scale : 170).
More information: https://www.enac.fr/en/phd-enac-0