IMT Atlantique is one of the top 10 engineering schools in France, and one of the top 400 universities in the world in THE World University Ranking. It is a general engineering grande école financed by the Ministry of Economy, Finance and Industrial and Digital Sovereignty, and the first Institut Mines Télécom “”Mines-Telecom”” Technological university, founded on January 1st, 2017 from the merger of Mines Nantes and Télécom Bretagne.
IMT Atlantique is:
– a Higher Education Institution with first-rate research potential, internationally recognized for its research (present in 5 disciplines in the Shanghai, QS and THE rankings).
– a resolutely multi-site institution reflecting the world in which we live. An institution with a strong local presence, and a commitment to contributing to local development
– an institution which is aware of its environmental and societal responsibility. In 2019 it was awarded the sustainable development & social responsibility accreditation.
– and finally, an institution that trains executives capable of understanding and mastering the complexity of the highly interconnected systems of the future, by combining their knowledge of the systems with that of the networks that link them.
IMT Atlantique’s doctoral school SPIN is a recently accredited doctoral programme providing training in interdisciplinary, intersectoral and international sciences for the engineering domain with special emphasis on personal and career development through training in a wide set of transferable skills, along with specific training in research skills. It involves 270 PhD candidates as of December 2022.
Working conditions for the recruited researchers
L’Ecole Nationale Supérieure Mines-Télécom Atlantique Bretagne – Pays de la Loire (IMT Atlantique) offers a 36-months full-time work contract (with the option to extend up to a maximum of 42 months).
• Access to IMT Atlantique and Lab-STICC facilities.
• Tuition fee waiver.
• 49 days paid holiday leave, under the same conditions as all employees of the Institut Mines-Télécom.
• Sick leave.
• Parental leave.
Conditions for PhD enrolment
To be accepted for doctoral study in IMT’s laboratories, Applicants must hold a Master of Science or Master of Engineering or another similar world-class master’s degree (officially recognized as equivalent by the French Higher Education and Research authorities) is required.
Applicants from foreign countries may have to be evaluated by French Authorities before being allowed to be hosted by IMT Atlantique. In case of denial, the employment will not be carried out.
More information: https://www.imt.fr/en/education/our-degrees/phd/